Meet the Homecoming Queen, Delaina Wallace

Delaina Wallace, a senior at Hunterdon Central, has blossomed throughout her four years in high school. She dedicated a lot of her time to different clubs and activities throughout her days at Central and created many life-long friendships. Outside of school, one of Delaina’s most defining accomplishments has been receiving her Gold Award which took three years of hard work and dedication to complete. Additionally, she is a member of community organizations like the Hunterdon County Youth Coalition, which she was recently introduced to during quarantine. Throughout high school, she could be found working at Rita’s Italian Ice and Carlucci’s Bistro in Whitehouse Station which have been her favorite jobs to date. 

Delaina has been on the Hunterdon Central Dance Team since her freshman year and has grown to become Junior and Senior Captain:  titles that she holds very close to her heart. Delaina’s favorite part of the dance team is performing at football games, pep rallies, and events both in school and in the community. Her most distinguishing accomplishments on the dance team have been becoming a 3x states winner, receiving two state rings, along with a 3rd place National medal beating out of hundreds of other teams.

Delaina’s favorite way to spend time is hanging out with her friends and her family, specifically at the Outer Banks and down the Jersey Shore over the summer. She also has many animals that she loves dearly: three dogs, two cats, and her brother’s bearded dragon. She looks forward to having pets of her own after high school, especially a Golden Retriever like her current dog, Bear. 

After spending her childhood growing up on college football, Delaina has been looking closely at large colleges down the East Coast. She is excited at the prospect of figuring out which school she will attend in the near future. She is very passionate about accomplishing her goals, but she is not certain what she would like to do in the future quite yet career-wise. She loves kids and may possibly like to work in an elementary school, however, she is also very interested in business and running a company. These two fields are vastly different, but nonetheless, she knows she wants to help people and spread positivity. 

Delaina is very thankful for the opportunities Hunterdon Central has given her, and she cannot wait to see what the future holds.