Friday Night Lights At Central

Hunterdon Central football games. There’s never a dull moment with our talented marching band, color guard, dancers, and cheerleaders. As well as our lively student section; packed with Red Devils of all grades cheering on our team.

For many freshmen and sophomores, this year was their first time going to one of Central’s football games. Freshman Kayla Finelli said her favorite part about going to the game was, “How enthusiastic and dedicated the students are to the team because it makes the game more exciting,” Many students would probably agree. The crowd erupts into cheers at every good play or catch and most recently at every touchdown. Central just won their first game in years under Coach Casey Ransone. The team had some of the best plays and touchdowns we’ve seen in a while.

To look around at Central’s football games is to see everyone laughing and smiling. In sophomore Jasmine Likeiers opinion, The support and sportsmanship expressed at the games reflects the values of our student body. She said, “I noticed that everyone was happy to be there. Win or lose, everyone wanted to support the team and that was my favorite part.” In addition, the games are a fun and convenient way to balance social life. “I like seeing my friends and meeting new people. It’s a great way to unite the school and make us feel like one big family,” said Maddie Carvalho, a freshman. Central is a large school, and the football games are a great place to connect with friends and meet new people. The connections between the students are so strong because we all share something in common; support for our team, school spirit, and the love of the game. The football games also happen to be a good stress reliever considering the average student is stressed out from school, homework, and their daily life. “It’s a fun way to spend time with friends because we are always doing our own things especially with school activities and work so the football games are a place where we can all be together and take a break from all of that,” A junior shares. Football season is always something you can look forward to.

One of the top contributors to the football game’s exciting atmosphere are the themes. The themes so far have paid respect to the veterans through our USA theme and recognized Breast Cancer Awareness Month at the pink out game. These themes are a great way to spread awareness and get students looking forward to dressing up for the night ahead.

The Central football games make a difference at our school in ways small and large. The students come together and unite to cheer for every play. In fact, they even sometimes cheer for the not so good ones. If you’re looking for a way to support your school, hang out with friends, and meet new people, we hope that you will come out to the upcoming games!